Project Datto: the interior freshing-up continues

So after the interior paint was finally completely dry, took over a week. I was finally ready to buid up the interior layer by layer.
First thing was sound deadening. It came on a roll of rougly 7ft by 19″ wide. So I started cutting it to bits and shapes wich would fit the floorboards, trunk, tunnel easily…
wpid-wp-1448264255143.jpg

Next layer was some more sound insulation and some new vinyl from MSA. The insulation consists of an nonwoven sort of wool/jute. The exact english term is escaping me here. But yeah, it’s made for vintage cars, so it should be perfect for the Datto. It’s kept in place by spray glue

wpid-wp-1448264255141.jpg

Oh and I rebuilt the drivers side door with a brand spanking new NOS door card 😉 It even came with new clips. Nothing complicated here, just some unmounting an remounting of different bits. But the difference is huge!

wpid-wp-1448264255138.jpg

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s