Sorry guys, but the blog is really running slow at the moment. But since I became a father, my free time is just way more limited. Owning 4 project cars (3 vintage ones and 1 track oriented one) doesn’t help either. I’m running behind on every single car.
The 240Z’s engine bay is finished and back together. At the moment I’m fighting a bit with my brakes. Might be the reaction disc in the booster. Have to investigate a bit further.
So we left with me DIY zinc plating parts. The finish is nowhere near professionally plated parts. But I love it and the fact it’s done by me is just satisfying.
So after I chemically and mechanically stripped the engine bay, I treated some areas with rust converter (Kovermi) and later painted it in 2 layers of a 3in1 product for rust protection, primer and base coat (Brantho Korrux 3-1)
Once dry, I made my color choice. At first I was unsure if glossy black, silver, blue. But I decided to have it the same colour as the rest of the body, wich is Bahama blue #352 by Mercedes. Added a special clearcoat for engine blocks (KSD).
Some minor details have been addressed to: painted the airbox in factory orange, new rubber on the wire loom holders, cleaned the wire loom itself and wrapped it in new wire harness tape…
Next step was mounting a 5 speed gear box and starting to reassemble the bay
Made my own “molded” hoses with the help of a little trick
Engine back in, new “awesome” plug wires, diy battery hold down bracket…
I will post a complete before/after picture in the near future. Here are the 4 major stages of the bay
And just for documentation purposes, the completed interior as it is at the moment. Still need to find a stock radio some day. Doesn’t need to work, just to nicely fill the hole!