Quite interesting engine swap option for your track oriented NA! I really do like the characteristic of the Honda F20C/F22C engines. This powerplant bolted in an 2200lbs chassis should work pretty well on track!
Some specs about the car:
Torik Motorsports S2000 powered Miata
– 1990 chassis with no exterior body modifications.
– 2001 Honda S2000 F20C motor & 6-speed transmission
– Fidanza flywheel with new clutch/pressure plate
– Mazda 1.8 rear w/Torsen diff and 4.30 r&p
– LS big brakes(2002 NC) w/Hawk pads
– Extensive rollcage constructed
– Aluminum dashboard w/S2000 gauge cluster.
– Flyin’ Miata aluminum radiator
– AutoMeter shift light with programmable pills(set to 8600 RPM)
– Factory Mazda hardtop w/ Lexan rear window
– “Shorty” 4-into-1 header, 2-1/2” exhaust & Dynomax muffler
– Custom cold-air intake box w/vented lid
– Apexi VAFC mounted on dash
– Custom front splitter/diffuser
– weight 2200lbs w/o driver
Here’s a little vid from the trackday showing the hachi as “the meat” in an S2000 sandwich. Thanks Tom for filming!
just stole my new wallpaper of your blog 🙂